Supports for Independent and Family Living include a wide array of services that allow an individual to remain in his or her own home, apartment or family care home. Whether the individual and/or family’s need is respite services, which provide relief for the caregiver, or assistive technology services. Opening the door to a richer, fuller life—that’s the goal of Apex Healthcare Services—a person-centered approach for people with developmental disabilities that prioritizes individual choices, needs, and desires in making decisions. Give people as many opportunities as possible for self-direction.
Apex Healthcare services rest on the philosophy of self-determination and the idea that people with developmental disabilities have the right to:
- Enjoy more meaningful relationships with family, friends, and others in their lives
- Experience personal growth
- Fully participate in their communities
- Live in the home of their choice
Ultimately, choosing us means people with developmental disabilities will have the opportunity to pursue their dreams and live the lives of THEIR choosing.
It is the mission Apex Healthcare Services ID services division to provide a comprehensive service for both children and adults with special needs that promotes their quality of life and enables them to participate as productive members of our community.
“Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, you are needed by someone.” (By: Martina Navratilova)
We provide the following for ID/DD services:
- Companion services Level 3
- Family Aide Level 1,2,3
- Home and Community Habilitation Level 3
- Home and Community Habilitation Enhanced Level 3 & 4
- In-home respite services
We promote standing up, having a Voice and being involved
- Respect for the individual’s/family’s opinion and their right to participate fully in decisions affecting their lives.
- Respect for each individual’s uniqueness.
- A belief in the value of each individual being connected to a community and in the importance of support that promotes dignity and inclusion
- A belief in the right of all individuals to self-determination.